I went to a party last night where this girl I had never met before in my life started guessing horoscope signs. she guessed everyone’s right. including mine.
I already liked Old Economy Steve. So, it was only natural I’d like the Scumbag Baby Boomer meme as well.
I don’t know whether I should laugh or cry.
the truth, it burns
okay I’me noticing a log of young people backlash online over the last few weeks, notably some letter written to the new york times (?) from a teenager about why old people need to respect them.
BAFFLING to me… I thought tumblr was full of smart people wtf is this about?
1. All these people you’re railing about will all be dead/irrelevant in no time flat
2. YOU will take their places and feel just as strongly as they did about young people. (a quote from the author of the book John Dies at the End “Young people think getting old is when you stop liking popular music. That’s not getting old. Getting old is when young people start doing something that disgusts you to your very core to the point that you dont know where to begin in your explanation of why it’s wrong.” he gives the example of his parents hearing him listen to rap music where subjects like murdering police officers often came up.
3. The same way old people need to realize that every generation felt the same way about the next gen, that they were lazy unmotivated etc etc, we will eventually get to their age and feel that way about the next gen. In other words, don’t pay too much attention to that. YOU WILL BECOME THEM. I know you think you are the exception. until you meet the next generation. Just like they thought they were the exception. then they met you.
In summation, complain about the older generation is an impossible waste of time. But don’t feel obligated to come up with a response. I could literally respond to one of these post with a detailed explanation of the cure for cancer and tumblr will ignore me like I never said anything. I’m used to it.
BEING DISGUSTED BY THE GENERATION AFTER YOU IS COMPLETELY NORMAL AND NATURAL AND YOU WILL DO IT TOO. LUCKY FOR THEM THEY WILL INHERIT THE WORLD AND BE THE SEXY YOUNG PEOPLE WHO CAN ACTUALLY GET JOBS AND THERE WILL NOT BE A DAMN THING ANY OF US WILL BE ABLE TO DO ABOUT IT.
no one-sided friendships/relationships in 2014 y’all. if they ain’t tryna be an active participant in your life, fuck em.
- joins tumblr to pass time
- becomes a radical feminist
what is with this ugly dress?
K I don’t know who it was. To who ever is concerned about my understanding of the word “sociopath” before you message me again, make sure you go eat a fucking dick first. Give dying in a fire a shot as well. The audacity. “I have anonymous messaged you to tell you that I believe your understanding of this dictionary word is wrong.” Bitch go die. You fucking kidding me with this shit?
this is called everyday reality.
the only other person i can think of is some sociopath named kirk.
he claims he did not send that message… so who did…
I finally got around to watching 12 years a slave. I cant believe people have that audacity to say “forget about slavery”! NO!!! NEVER forget, HOLY SHIT!! it’s like “it seems like each and every one of you is a descendant of a society of fucking sociopaths, are you NOT CONCERNED?”
Nnamdi A ( Nigerian)Kerry Washington and Nnamdi Asomugha in the Vanity Fair Oscar Party Photo Booth (x)
my brother’s name is nnamdi…. so weird…
I am going to oksanas birthday party on Friday. Despite the fact that I’ve spoken to her for about 15 minutes in my whole life. No complaints tho.